Thursday, November 3, 2011

“30 day of giving thanks”...Day 1 &2.

I decided to take the “30 day of giving thanks” on facebook a step further. I think God deserves to hear more than just a couple of sentences for a status of thanks for each day...Although it would be interesting to do it for the whole year. It makes me think of that song we sing at church from time to time…
Count your blessings name them one by one. Count your blessings to see what God has done…
I’m sure it will leave you feeling blessed for sure if you don’t already.
Once again I know I’m late, but just thought of this on the way back from dropping Kaden off from school. It’s amazing how your mind and just start thinking of different things while driving. But to start things off…


Day 1: My Loving God.

Dear God,
These next 30 days are you for. Counting my blessings for 30 days. First and foremost I have to start with you. I’m thankful for you. There is so much I can try say that words just can’t even start to describe how I feel for you. I was blessed enough to come to know you at an early age of 10. Thank you for that salvation. Thank you for your son Jesus. Thank you for the cross. Thank you for “knocking on my hearts door”. Thank you for all you have brought me through in my life when at times its been SOO hard!! But I know without you there’s no way in this world I could’ve gotten passed it. Thank you for bestowing all my blessings upon me. Thank you for caring for me. Thank you for being there when I felt alone. Thank you for listening to me when I was pouring my eyes out to you. Thank you for listening to me when I was praising you whole heartily. Thank you for never straying even when at times I have. Thank you for your word. Thank you for your miracles. Thank you for your forgiveness. Most importantly thank you for LIFE!…I hope these next 30 days will bring you happiness. Thank you for my life, God. Thank you for you! Here’s to you…and many more thanks through this life


Day 2: My Husband.

Babe,
Today I’m going to publicly write a thank you letter just to show everyone how thankful to God I am for you. I thank God for you everyday since he has brought you into my life. Who knew that just logging on the Christian Chat room that night around 10-10:30pm on May 11, 2004 that I would end up talking to my future husband?!? I know God leads every couple together, but when we were both not looking for mate just to chat with someone, you know God had his hand on leading us together. : ) Babe, thank you for your time that night and every day since then. Thank you for all the small things you did while we were dating. Thank you for Pinky (btw she‘s the pink bear in Bethany‘s month pictures for those who didn‘t already know). : ) Thank you for the numerous trips from Denton to Callisburg (45min drive one way, yes we lived just mins from each other and ended up meeting online in a world chat room) every day there for awhile after school just to see me. Thank you for riding your BIKE when your truck was in the shop to Sanger (which was between 8-10 miles, Ha now you know why I asked you.) when I was there for my cousins pee wee football game and then again when I went with Lainey to her tennis game. Thank you for all the movies we went to see. Thank you for the countless nights when we went to Subway to get our sandwiches and then headed out to the lake to set on of the piers just talking. Thank you for the nights you stayed late just because you didn’t want to leave…and I didn’t want you to. Thank you for the doll you gave me that you and your dad had picked out for your mom. Thank you for telling me all about your dad before he passed the good and the bad. I still wish I was able to meet him to see what he thought about me, but I think that one dream, I had when we were dating, him telling me loved me helped filled that void. Thank you for marrying me. Thank you for picking me to be the one you wanted for the rest of your life. Thank you for being the husband you are today. Thank you for being the daddy you are to our two wonderful children. Thank you for being there for me during our son’s rollercoaster heart journey. Like that song…God gave me you for the ups and downs…Thank you for all them. Thank you for being patient with me during our time trying to get pregnant with our daughter. Thank you for supporting us. Thank you for all the stuff you went through just to make us happy. Thank you for working your butt off even when you feel like giving up. Thank you for being the man you are. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for caring for me. Thank you for all our arguments they are what makes us stronger. Thank you for the laughter. Thank you for all the tears. I could go on and on…most importantly…Thank you for being YOU. I love you babe.
 
Day 3 coming later today…I hope. Motherly duties calls…Ha.

No comments: